Before every putting drill, remember to bare these steps in mind:
1. Assess the green’s surface speed prior to selecting a distance for practice
2. Determine your best backswing length per the distance and green speed
3. Start your putt using this backswing length
4. Add or remove length to your backswing until you find the length that matches your style.
5. Fully extend the GSR for proper alignment of your putt and try using a ruler to measure your preferred backswing length.
6. Retry the drill (…without the ruler…)