Directions for how to prepare Kittencal’s Barbecue sauce:
1. Heat a high grade oil over medium heat; add onion and saute for about 3 minutes, then add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and black pepper; stir for 1 minute.
3. Add all remaining ingredients (see below); bring to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon to combine.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 1 hour over low heat (do not cover the pot or the texture and flavor will be affected, if you have a splatter screen then use it to cover the pot).
5. Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours or more before using.
This BBQ sauce will work beautifully on your homemade BBQ using one of the best BBQ smokers on the market!
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced garlic
1/4 cup vegetable oil
5 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper (or , to taste)
2 cups ketchup
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup cider vinegar or 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup prepared french’s yellow mustard
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
Optional if you don’t have a food smoker available:
3 teaspoons liquid smoke (for the very best flavor do not omit I.E. if you do not have a food smoker)