Here’s a fun game commonly named “Jumping Jack”. My kids call it “Jumping Jack Splat” .
They like to play this while the younger kids use our backyard playground equipment.
Primary Age Group: 8-12 years
Game Objective: In this kids outdoor game the kids have to dodge the jumping and bouncing balls.
Game Learning: Alertness, attention & physical agility, flexibility.
No. of Players: Probably at least 3 kids.
- 3 soft bouncy balls.
- A flat & clear surface.
How to Play:
- Create an area with some sort of markers. The area should be large enough to freely move.
- Form at least 2 teams. For example: “Dodgers” & “Bouncers”. Or better yet, let them give themselves a team name.
- Team 1 will move inside the circle and spread out evenly.
- Team 2 will stand outside the area in order to gather the jumping bouncy balls.
- Give 3 bouncy balls to Team 2. (Number of balls will depend on the number of players per team. 3 balls are ideal for a team of 5 bouncers)
- When the game starts Team 2 will try to tag the Team 1 in their area by throwing the balls to them at one bounce (not directly)
- If a ball hits Team 1, that player will be “Out” of the circle.
- Mission is to tag all of Team 1 out of the area.
- Team 2 will have to position themselves around the area in such a manner that they throw as well as rebound the stray bouncy ball with minimum running around.
- Once all of Team 1 is Out, teams will swap roles.
My Tip :
- Fix the time limit and start a contest. Which teams “Bounces Out” the other at the earliest.