Active Engaged Play i.e. Exercise Improves Mental Health in Children too
Attention: Parents take a look at some excellent options for kids outdoor playsets and backyard playground equipment because …
- Active engaged play outdoors enhances a child’s brain metabolism. Studies have shown that active children have improved memory as a result of stimulating brain function!
- Fun-oriented (…even moderate) exercise literally burns off excess harmful hormones while increasing the release of beneficial ones.
- One of the beneficial hormones acts as neurotransmitter for establishing new memories. A better memory goes a long way to success in the class room. Anybody with a kid who as ADHD or auditory processing issues will appreciate that.
- Active children also develop the ability to concentrate on the problem at hand, even at the end of a long school day.
- Studies further report that exercise decreases symptoms of depression, and anxiety – improving mood and outlook. In addition, their quality of sleep is greatly improved.
And … most importantly, (even moderate) physical activity develops children’s self-esteem and confidence. Their ability to overcome difficult situations improves and they enjoy a happier, sunnier outlook on life.