- Rinse Trout filets and put them in a shallow glass baking dish. Dribble a small amount of olive oil over the filets then season with garlic and rosemary. Rub the seasonings into the fish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dissolve curing salt into water. Pour the brine water over the fish. Let them marinate for 15 minutes (per half inch of thickness).
- Using one of the best food smokers on the market, prepare it setting the temperature for a four hour slow burn. Its temperature should be set to 150 degrees F (65 degrees C) before you get started.
- Remove the fish from the marinade brine. Place each piece of fish onto a small piece of aluminum foil – just big enough to hold the fillet, and season with pepper to taste. Place them on the rack in the smoker. Sprinkle a handful of the soaked wood chips over the coals or place in a heat box. Cover and allow fish to smoke for 2 hours, adding more wood chips as needed.
- Increase the heat in the smoker to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and let the fish smoke until the internal temperature of the fillets reaches 165 degrees F (72 degrees C). Remove filets from the smoker and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Did you like this? Share it: